- Project Leader : Miyazawa Chihiro (Nanzan University, Faculty of Humanities)
- Collaborators : Pham Van Bich (Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Institute of Sociology)
- : Iwatsuki Junichi (The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences)
- : Kitani Kimiya (Kyoto University, Center for Southeast Asian Studies)
- : Ono Mikiko (Kyoto University, Center for Southeast Asian Studies)
- : Phan Van Dop (Southern Institute of Social Sciences, Library)
- : Kitazawa Naohiro (Kyoto University, Graduate school for Asian and African area studies)
- : Ueda Shinya (Osaka University, Graduate School of Letters)
- : Nguyễn Quang Trung Tiến (Hue University of Science, Faculty of History)
Outline of Research
This research is to use the existing database to create and publish a unified Catalog Database for Periodicals in Vietnam. The relevant database includes such information as material information, holding institutions information, and particularly, material information on provincial areas, which have been accumulated by the researchers working on Vietnam. Besides, two items of material types and subject headings are added, providing the database with simple function of annotated bibliography.
In Vietnamese Studies, there is a difficulty of accessing material information, because of insufficient informational infrastructure, such as lack of proper list for the relevant literature or for the national bibliography of Vietnam. In this research, we will create a bibliographical database for periodicals, such as journals and newspapers. It will help internal and external researchers in this field to conduct resource research, while contributing to the further development of the Vietnamese Studies.
Researchers from Japan and abroad specializing in Vietnamese Studies will work together beyond their regions and fields of interests in order to build the relevant database, would provide a space, where they can share material information and exchange information. It will also promote to compare and exchange views on information regarding their specialty regions and subjects.
Study for making the Vietnamese libraries directory
Presentation about Southeast Asian Periodical Database at Institute of Social Science and Information, Hanoi