- Project Leader：Miyazawa Chihiro (Nanzan University, Faculty of Humanities)
- Collaborators：Pham Van Bich (Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Institute of Sociology)
- Iwatsuki Junichi (The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences)
- Kitani Kimiya (Kyoto University, Center for Southeast Asian Studies)
- Ono Mikiko (Kyoto University, Center for Southeast Asian Studies)
- Phan Van Dop (Southern Institute of Social Sciences, Library)
- Kitazawa Naohiro (Consulate General of Japan in Ho Chi Minh city)
- Nguyễn Quang Trung Tiến (Hue University of Science, Faculty of History)
The project will use existing databases to create and publish a unified Catalog Database for Periodicals in Vietnam. It will include vital information about the periodicals and the holding institutions. It will also include data for local and provincial publications that has been gathered by researchers working on Vietnam. In addition, material type and subject headings will be added, providing the database with an annotated bibliography.
Researchers in the area of Vietnamese Studies face difficulties in accessing material information due to insufficient informational infrastructure, such as a lack of a proper list of the relevant literature or a national bibliography of Vietnam. In this project, we will create a bibliographical database for periodicals, such as journals and newspapers. It will help domestic and international researchers in this field to conduct resource research, while contributing to the further development of the Vietnamese Studies.
We will continue to update and improve the bibliographical database on the basis of periodical information provided by Vietnamese institutes to enable new research cooperation between Vietnam and Japan.
Researchers from Japan and abroad specializing in Vietnamese Studies will work together beyond their regions and fields of interests in order to build the comprehensive database. It will provide a space where they can share and exchange information. It will also promote comparative study and exchange of views and information across specific locations and specialties.
The periodical database is used in Institute of Information, Vietnam
Visit the National library of Vietnam